*SHIPPING & HANDLING
up to $10.00
$10.01 - $15.00
$15.01 - $20.00
$20.01 - $25.00
$25.01 - $30.00
$30.01 - $40.00
$40.01 - $50.00
$50.01 - $60.00
$60.01 - $75.00
$75.01 - $100.00
$100.01 - $125.00
$125.01 - $150.00
$150.01 - $175.00
$175.01 - $200.00
$200.01 - $250.00
$250.01 and more
*Estimated shipping and handling rates are for UPS/FedEx Ground Service or USPS Priority Mail to the 48 contiguous states only. Rates will vary depending on items shipped, package size, number of packages and destination zone. Additional freight charges may be required and billed to the invoice after checkout for oversized packages.
Orders to Alaska, Hawaii and Canada are shipped either by UPS/FedEx Ground Service or USPS Priority Mail (depending on the items shipped), and will incur actual charges based on items shipped, package weight, size and destination zone.
Order Processing, Shipping & Handling Policies
SongbirdGarden.com ships within the United States of America with limited shipping to Canada. Shipments directly to Canada locations will incur actual shipping and handling rates, in addition to customs fees and surcharges. Our shopping cart can process orders shipped directly to Canada customers. As an option, Canada customers may also register with Bongo International for package forwarding services. All other International customers must register with Bongo International for package forwarding services before submitting an online order. We reserve the right to cancel an order, if billing or shipping information provided cannot be verified, or is not complete.
Note: Live Insects/Worms and some organic based products cannot be shipped to Hawaii or Canada due to agricultural restrictions. In addition, a limited number of other items sold in our store cannot be shipped to locations outside of the U.S. due to customs or oversize restrictions. We will notify you by email, if there are items on your order that cannot be shipped.
Orders are processed immediately and shipped within 3 business days from SongbirdGarden.com warehouse located in Missouri unless the item is temporarily out of stock and on backorder. Some items are shipped directly from the distributor or manufacturer and may require up to 7 business days to ship. Orders that have backordered items require more time to ship and/or may be partially shipped. Also, orders for some handcrafted made to order items may require additional time to ship (up to 7-14 days on average depending on the item). International orders are processed immediately and require up to 10 days to ship. Note: Due to the China virus pandemic order shipments may be delayed.
Orders received before 12:00 pm CST are processed the same day. Orders received after 12:00 pm CST are processed the next business day. We do not ship on Saturday, Sunday or holidays.
Please note that all items ordered may not necessarily shipped together. Some orders may arrive as split shipments from more than one warehouse location. Packages may be shipped and arrive on different days. We will notify you by e-mail so that you are aware of any split shipments, if they occur.
Ground shipments to Alaska, Hawaii and Canada - The exact cost of shipping based on package size, weight and destination zone will be determined before it is added to your order. After we receive your order, we will calculate the additional shipping costs, and contact you by e-mail to confirm these costs prior to shipment. If you have questions regarding shipping to your area, please contact us at email@example.com
Oversized Shipments/Additional Shipping Required - Extra shipping charges will be added to the invoice after checkout if any of the following apply: 1) items and/or packages are dimensionally oversized; 2) when order shipment requires multiple packages; 3) shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or International locations; 4) Live Insects/Worms - additional shipping charges will apply when ordering multiple insect/worm boxes or packs, or when combining other items from our store on the same order. Shipping charges will also be added to invoice if customer selects incorrect shipping method at checkout; for example, selecting 'Ground Service' when live product item ordered requires 'Overnight Service' shipping method. Customer will be notified by email when additional shipping charges are required or added to their invoice. If additional shipping charges cannot be added to the invoice because of customer's credit card declining the transaction, or, if customer does not submit payment requests through PayPal, we reserve the right to cancel the order and refund customer for order total less cancellation and processing charges.
Items Temporarily Out of Stock - Items temporarily out of stock will be placed on backorder, if they are expected to arrive in our warehouse up to sixteen weeks from the time the order is submitted (see order cancellation and backorder policy details below). Customer may be notified if an item is temporarily out of stock. If customer does not respond back to email notifications requiring reply, we reserve the right to substitute a similar item in our store or issue credit.
Discontinued Items and Product Changes - If a manufacturer discontinues a product SKU or model number, replaces it with a new item that is the same or closely similar, changes the product packaging, makes slight changes to product content, or improvements to product design, we reserve the right to use our discretion and make a substitution on the order. If a similar or like item is not available to substitute, the order may be cancelled and the customer notified. If customer is not satisfied with the item received they may request return authorization within 10 days of delivery (See store Return Policy). Restocking fee will apply and customer is responsible for return shipping cost.
Order Cancellation – All orders submitted in our online store are immediately processed for shipment and cannot be cancelled. Any customer wanting to make changes to an order must contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no guarantees that adjustments or changes can be made in time before an order is pulled in our warehouse, packaged and shipped. Any items ordered that have not been shipped or are on backorder may be cancelled as requested by the customer; however, refunds issued are based on order total or item amount less up to 8% transaction processing. Cancellation requests of any unshipped items must be in writing and sent to email@example.com. All live insect and worm orders cannot be cancelled (no exceptions). The same applies to orders for made-to-order custom handcrafted and hand painted items ordered in our online store.
Requests for cancellation of orders, or backordered items any time within 6 months of the original order date are refunded in full less transaction processing up to 8% of order total or item value. No cash refunds can be issued after 6 months of original order date. Customers requesting cancellation of orders or backordered items after 6 months of order date will be issued a store credit coupon for the full value of the order total or item. The store credit coupon is used at checkout on a new order, and may be applied to any merchandise offered in our online store. When using the store credit coupon, the merchandise total must be equal to or greater than the coupon value. Actual shipping and handling rates are determined after an order is processed for shipment.
- If an item is temporarily out of stock and expected to arrive at our warehouse within a specified timeframe, we reserve the right to place the item on backorder and ship as soon as the item arrives. Customers may also request to substitute another item offered in our online store, if available. Customers may be notified by email of their order status when items are on backorder, or they are welcome to inquire as to the status of their order by email. Backorders may occur at any time especially during busy seasonal times of the year, if an item is temporarily sold out or new, or if there is a supply chain disruption causing a delay. When an item is placed on backorder, customers are given the choice to continue waiting for the item, substitute another item offered in our store, or cancel the order and be refunded less transaction processing.
If an item is both out of stock and discontinued by the manufacturer, we reserve the right to substitute a similar or like item in our store. If no such item is available customers may be notified of the availability status by email and given the choice to cancel the order, or substitute another item offered in our store. If a customer does not respond back to email notifications regarding their order, we may substitute a similar item in our store, or cancel the order and issue a store credit or refund.
Refusal of Package Delivery:
No credit will be issued for any order shipments (packages) refused by the customer (receiver) and returned to our warehouse. This also applies to replacement product and/or part shipments for damaged or defective items received. If a customer refuses delivery of replacement products or parts, no credit will be issued for the original order.
Packages that are returned to our warehouse and cannot be delivered because of incorrect or insufficient shipping information provided by the customer will be treated as a returned item (see store Return Policy
). Customers are responsible for original and return (round-trip) shipping costs. The same is true for packages that are returned because no one is available to take delivery or pick up a package. It is very important when completing your online order that you double check to make sure the ship to address information you provide us is complete and accurate.
Delivery Correction Fee
- If a carrier is unable to deliver a shipment because the address provided by the package recipient is incorrect, they will attempt to determine the correct address, complete delivery and notify us of the address correction. A special handling fee will apply for delivery or attempted delivery to the corrected address. This fee can amount to $20.00 or more depending on the number of packages and destination zone. It may take up to 60 days for this fee to be added to your invoice. Again, it is very important when completing your online or call-in order that you double check to make sure the ship to address information you provide us is complete and accurate.
Shipping Information Provided by Customer
- Customers must provide correct and valid shipping information with their submitted order. We are not responsible for any shipment when a customer provides incorrect or invalid shipping information. We reserve the right to place orders on hold, if we find a customer does not provide us correct or verifiable shipping information including name, street, city, state, zip code. Customers must provide us a valid email address, so they can be contacted by our shipping department. If a customer does not respond to our email notifications, order may be cancelled and payment refunded less order cancellation and processing costs.
Standard Ground Delivery Service
SongbirdGarden.com standard shipping methods within the U.S. and Canada are UPS, FedEx, or U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail. Shipping time is normally 2-6 business days depending on shipping destination zone in the U.S., 6-10 days or longer for shipments to Canada. Shipments to Canada are normally sent via Postal Service Priority Mail only.
UPS/FedEx requires a physical address and does not deliver to PO Box addresses. Orders sent to PO Boxes ship via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. If only a PO Box is listed as the ship to address on an order, you may be contacted to provide us with a physical street address for UPS or FedEx delivery.
See the map below for typical total order processing and UPS or FedEx ground delivery time estimates within the U.S. Please allow additional time for delivery during holidays, or shipments to Canada (6-10 days).
Order Confirmation & Delivery Tracking
- You will receive an automated e-mail confirmation immediately after you place your online order. Please save your order confirmation e-mail!
- Please include your order tracking number (if available) in all e-mail correspondence. Also, include your full name and shipping destination address.
- Once you order is shipped you will receive a second e-mail confirmation including UPS/FedEx package tracking information, as it becomes available.
- Normally, your order ships out from our warehouse within 1-2 business days. UPS/FedEx tracking information is not updated until the package reaches a regional hub where it is scanned. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help tracking an order.
Damaged, Defective, Missing or Wrong Item Shipped
All Claims Must Be Made Within 3 Days of Delivery of Merchandise. No Exceptions!
In the event of defective or damaged items in shipping, you will need to do the following:
• You must email us within 3 days of delivery at email@example.com
• Please provide us with your name, address, phone number, order number, and a detailed description of the damaged item, as well as the condition of the shipping box and any packaging.
• We may ask that you send us legible photos of the defective or damaged item and shipping box taken with a digital camera. If providing photos is not possible then we may require you return the item for inspection before any replacement is shipped or credit issued. Customer is responsible for return shipping cost.
• Do not throw anything away! Keep all items, boxes, and packing material shipped to you for up to 30 days in the event the carrier needs to inspect the shipment or a return call tag is issued.
• Items received damaged may require filing a damage claim with the carrier.
• You may be contacted by the package carrier to inspect the damaged shipment, or may be required to take the damaged shipment to a carrier facility, or your local post office for inspection and verification.
• A one-time replacement of the same or similar item or replacement part will be shipped at no charge.
• If package delivery of replacement products or parts is refused by customer and returned, no credit will be issued for the original order.
• Our store policy is to ship a replacement at no charge if an item is received defective or damaged and the above conditions are met. If you do not want us to ship a replacement, we will then consider the item as a store merchandise return and credit will be issued for the item only. Original shipping and handling is non-refundable.
In the event of incomplete shipments, missing item, or wrong item shipped you will need to do the following:
• You must email us within 3 days of delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please provide us with your name, address, phone number, order number, and a description of the incomplete or missing items.
• Carefully remove and inspect all packing material from the shipping box to confirm that the item was not hidden from view. Occasionally smaller items are nested inside other items to protect them during shipping.
• If your order was shipped in multiple boxes, it would be helpful to check the tracking information to verify that all packages have been delivered. Sometimes orders require split shipments. Packages may be shipped and arrive on different days.
• The missing item tracking procedure typically takes up to 15 business days to complete and consists of inventory and package weight verification, and carrier investigation. You may be contacted by the package carrier (UPS, FedEx or USPS) during this time.
• A replacement for the missing item will be shipped as soon as possible.
• If the wrong item was received you must provide us with a description of the item, sku or model number. We will email you return instructions and the item will be call taged for return to our warehouse. Upon receipt we will ship the correct item.
Disclaimer: The www.songbirdgarden.com website is operated by Fiddle Creek Company, LLC, dba Songbird Garden. Product descriptions, dimensions, images, and item (SKU) numbers are subject to change. Songbird Garden cannot be held liable for discrepancies. This information is provided to Songbird Garden by the product manufacturers. If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com
Please Note: Many email services and (ISPs) Internet Service Providers have put blocking or "Spam” filtering systems in place to protect you from email that you didn't ask for. However, these same systems may inadvertently filter email you would like to receive -- including emails from SongbirdGarden.com. If your email settings are set to block unfamiliar email through a Spam filter you may not receive our correspondence. Please check your Spam folder carefully! It is important that we be able to reach you in case of a problem with the order. If you suspect you are having problems receiving our emails we suggest you contact your (ISP) Internet Service Provider for help.