Bulk Live Giant Mealworms 1000 Count
You Save : $5 (10.01%)
- SKU: MW1000G
- Availability: In Stock
Category : Mealworms, Bait Worms & Live Insects (View All)
Category : Live Mealworms
Mealworm Pack Sizes:
Mealworm Bedding (Optional):
These are one BIG mealworm!
1-1/4" to 1-1/2" average length!
Try our Giant (Jumbo) Mealworms for larger reptiles. They also make an irresistible live bait for anglers and they're easier to get on the hook!
Mealworms - Tenebrio molitor
- Mealworms are an excellent source of protein for a wide variety of pets.
- Birds, reptiles, amphibians and small animals will all benefit from a diverse but complete diet containing mealworms.
- Manufactured foods cannot reproduce the natural nutrients and digestibility of all natural mealworms.
- If you enjoy feeding wild birds, medium and large mealworms are great for attracting an incredible diversity of birds.
- The ideal temperature range for storage is 42 degrees farenheit to 55 degrees farenheit.
- Refrigerated mealworms will live for several weeks when care instructions are followed properly.
Size Average Length
Small 1/4" - 1/2"
Medium 1/2" - 3/4"
Large 3/4" - 1"
Giant 1-1/4" - 1-1/2"
Optional Mealworm Bedding Available! Please note: Mealworm Bedding shipped separately. UPS Ground shipping and handling charges included in mealworm bedding price at checkout.
Why buy giant mealworms from Songbird Garden?
We believe that you should demand more from your mealworm supplier. Here are some of the reasons that set Songbird Garden mealworms apart from the crowd:
Choose your shipping method - Ground or Overnight!
Ground Shipping - USPS Priority Mail (Typically 2-3 day service to most areas from the day your order is shipped. Select "Ground Service' shipping method at checkout.
UPS Overnight Shipping - Shipped overnight to assure the delivery of your giant mealworms in optimum condition. *Overnight Shipping $23.95 Flat Rate (500-1000ct box) + $6.00 each additional box. Please select 'Live Insects/Worms Only (Overnight)' shipping method at checkout.
Please Note: Feeder accessories and all other products must be ordered and shipped separately. Standard UPS Ground rates apply for all shipped dry goods. We will email you to confirm any additional shipping charges before they are added to your invoice. Orders are shipped Monday through Thursday only (excluding holidays). Orders cannot be cancelled
Live Delivery Guarantee - We are confident that you will be satisfied with the product you receive. However, if there is a problem with your order upon delivery, simply contact us within 24 hours of delivery for a replacement. Read our Live Guarantee Policy
Orders Shipped Same Day - Order by 1:00 PM Eastern Time, and we will ship your order the same business day (Monday - Thursday only). Orders received after 1:00PM will ship the next business day. Our central location in the heart of the country allows us to provide high quality and flexible customer service to all U.S. locations.
Our mealworm products are tested for nutritional value to assist the customer in providing a diverse and healthy diet. The nutritional make up of a mealworm is approximately 60% moisture, 20% protein, 14% fat, 5% other, and 1% ash.
Why Feed Mealworms to Bluebirds?
- Entice them to use a nest box
- Assist the incubating female to find food quickly so she does not have to leave her eggs for long periods of time
- Act as supplementary food for nestings if food becomes scarce when weather conditions prevent the parents from finding insects
- Help them survive during spells of severe winter weather
- Mealworms are an excellent supplement to bird feeding as they provide additional protein to bluebirds' regular diet of 85% insects and 15% seeds
- Mealworms are not really worms at all but are the larval form of the darkling beetle. They are clean, easy to care for; do not carry human diseases and most importantly are a nutritious food supplement readily accepted by bluebirds.
Place the feeder in the open - within the bluebird's clear view from one of their favorite perches. Once discovered and the birds are taking the food, you can move it gradually to a more desired location. Do not mount the feeder on an occupied birdhouse, this may attract unwanted birds and critters to the birdhouse - risking problems.
We believe the Songbird Cedar SC1050 post mount and SE557 post mount or hanging feeders are the best on the market. The SE557 is actually designed as a 3-step training feeder that any bluebird can learn to use.
Who Eats What Guide Click Here
Mealworm Care Instructions